Stortford Archery club
Privacy notice for our members
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us. This notice applies to you if you have applied to become or are a member of our club.
This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to the Stortford Archery Club (“SAC”), Archery GB Club Number 368.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we are not required to do so, but our Data Protection Compliance Manager has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation. Contact details are set out in the "Contacting us" section at the end of this privacy notice.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with
data protection laws as we are not required to do so, but our Data Protection
Compliance Manager has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our
organisation. Contact details are set out in the "Contacting us" section at the end of
this privacy notice.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Depending on the type of membership you register for with us, you may initially
provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as
information regarding your:
- personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name,
title, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- date of birth;
- membership start and end date;
- references and other information included in a cover letter or as part of the
application process for membership;
- records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails
and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- any credit/debit card and other payment details you provide so that we can
receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you;
- records of your attendance at any events hosted by us;
- images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings;
- your marketing preferences so that we know whether and how we should
- details of any county membership;
- details of any Archery GB (“AGB”) membership.
- details of emergency contacts;
- records and assessment of any classifications, archery handicaps,
competition results, details regarding events, tournaments or matches
attended and performance (including that published by a third party);
- any disciplinary and grievance information.
2. SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more
sensitive personal information regarding you:
- information about your health, including any medical condition and health
In relation to the special category personal data that we do process we do so on
the basis that
- the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on a
- it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- it is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising
our or your rights in social protection law; or
- we have your explicit consent.
In the table below’ we refer to these as the “special category reasons for
processing of your personal data”.
We may also collect criminal records information about you, including DBS
investigations. For criminal records history we process it on the basis of legal
obligations or based on your explicit consent.
3. WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We typically collect personal information about our members when you apply to
become a member of the club, when you make a query and/or complaint or
when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or in some other way.
We also may collect personal information about you from any third party
references you provide as part of the application process for membership. E.g.
from a previous archery club.
If you are providing us with details of emergency contacts they have a right to
know and to be aware of what personal information we hold about them, how
we collect it and how we use and may share that information. Please share this
privacy notice with those of them whom you feel are sufficiently mature to
understand it. They also have the same rights as set out in the “Your rights in
relation to personal information” section below.
We may also collect information about you from AGB, Southern Counties Archery
Society (“SCAS”), Herts Archery Association (“HAA”) other archery clubs or
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
The table below describes the main purposes for which we process your personal
information, the categories of your information involved and our lawful basis for
being able to do this.
To administer any
membership you have with
us and managing our
relationship with you,
including dealing with
payments and any support,
service or product enquiries
made by you
Personal information used
All contact and
transaction and payment
information, records of
your interactions with us,
This is necessary to enable us to
properly manage and administer
your membership contract with us.